||"Looking Unto Jesus..." Hebrews 12:2
- The Holy Scriptures to be the verbal and fully inspired Word of God. We use the King James Version of the Bible in all services.
- In one Triune God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God created the heavens and earth in six, literal 24-hour days.
- The Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin, Mary, in order that He might reveal God the Father and redeem sinful Mankind.
- The Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross, and that our justification is made sure by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead.
- The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment to come, and that He is the Supernatural Agent in regeneration, indwelling, and the sealing of the saved unto the Day of Redemption.
- The sign gifts of the Holy Spirit, such as speaking in tongues and the gift of healing, were temporary and gradually ceased as the Canon of Scripture was being completed.
- Salvation is the gift of God brought to Mankind by grace and received by personal faith in and repentance towards the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The local church membership is solely comprised of born again persons who have submitted to believer’s baptism.
- In the autonomy (self-governing) of the local church free of any external authority or control.
- Believer’s baptism by immersion and the Lord's Supper are the Scriptural ordinances of obedience for the local church.
- All the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Savior and Lord, and that separation from all religious apostasy and all ungodly pleasures, practices, and associations is clearly commanded of God in the Scriptures.
- In the personal, imminent return of Christ, Who will rapture (catch away) all those “in Christ” prior to the seven-year tribulation period. At the end of the Tribulation, Christ will personally and visibly return with His saints to establish His earthly Messianic Kingdom. We further believe that at the end of this seven years [of tribulation], the Lord Jesus Christ will return to earth and rule for a literal 1,000 years on the throne of David in Jerusalem
- In the bodily resurrection of all people, the saved to eternal life, and the unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment (Hell).
|©2013 Galilean Baptist Church